How much should my Rottweiler Pit- bull weigh at 4 months?

One of my best friends has a Rotty/Pitty cross that she picked up in a shelter as a pup. The dog is dang cute! She is marked like a Rotty but has the size of a APBT. Now at full maturity her dog weighs in at 45# or so. With a cross breed your pup may…

One of my best friends has a Rotty/Pitty cross that she picked up in a shelter as a pup. The dog is dang cute! She is marked like a Rotty but has the size of a APBT. Now at full maturity her dog weighs in at 45# or so. With a cross breed your pup may…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much should my Rottweiler Pit- bull weigh at 4 months?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much should my Rottweiler Pit- bull weigh at 4 months?

How much should my Rottweiler Pit- bull weigh at 4 months? Dog Breed Discussions
      One of my best friends has a Rotty/Pitty cross that she picked up in a shelter as a pup. The dog is dang cute! She is marked like a Rotty but has the size of a APBT. Now at full maturity her dog weighs in at 45# or so. With a cross breed your pup may take after the Pit bull or it may take after the Rottie in overall size. So I would not think her weight sounds alarming at her age. If you are concerned with your dogs overall body conditioning this is a question for your vet. Pups are better off a little on the skinnier side. You should be able to feel her ribs and she should have a waist. Keep in mind that most people keep their dogs fat and many consider that to be normal. Obviously, if her backbone is sticking up high and you can easily visualize ribs and feel no fat covering over them at all..food intake should be increased. Since she is a puppy, be certain she has been dewormed and that she has a negative fecal as internal parasites can contribute to a dogs failure to gain weight appropriately.

How much should my Rottweiler Pit- bull weigh at 4 months? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different. Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its food and exercise adjusted to its individual needs. Here is a link to a good illustrated guide, http://www.longliveyourdog.com/twoplus/RateYourDog.aspx Feed to body condition and let the weight fall where it does. Body condition is a much better guide to what any dog should weight than any breed standards. Thank you for giving her a good home.

• If she is under weight your vet would have told you. Talk to your vet about the amount of food she should be consuming. Does she eat good? What are you feeding her? Need much more info to be able to answer this correctly. God bless.