Any help full tips on caring for a rat terrier?

Hey im adopting a 1 and a half year old fat terrier tommrow, and i would appreciate a few tips on caring for them, thanks!

Hey im adopting a 1 and a half year old fat terrier tommrow, and i would appreciate a few tips on caring for them, thanks!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Any help full tips on caring for a rat terrier?...

• Any help full tips on caring for a rat terrier?

Any help full tips on caring for a rat terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hey im adopting a 1 and a half year old fat terrier tommrow, and i would appreciate a few tips on caring for them, thanks!

Any help full tips on caring for a rat terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have a rat terrier. They are a ball of energy!! lol! not as much as the jack russell though. anyway, here are some tips I've learned while having my terrier.....Don't let them outside without a fenced yard or leash/and if you do, make sure the re-call is good. (I let mine come with me outside without a leash, unless we are walking around the neighborhood) -They will chase anything that moves (fingers,toes, ball,flashlight,birds) so keep a close eye on them-They hear everything (explains the huge ears) lol!-Don't eat as much, IF you don't feed them much, they can be gluttons -Great hunters (mine hunt crickets,spiders, birds *almost caught one today* and pretty much anything)lol!-Heavy shedders (keep a slicker brush)-Way too friendly to strangers (will bark but not bite, at least mine does)-If you have other dogs, they will think they are the same weight until they get stepped on. lol! Then they go at it again-Loves people's lap -Stick to you like glue -Barks are annoying sometimes-Make sure you have plenty of toys and play with her until she gets tired, because if they are bored (like any dog) they will go on a ripping-up-your-stuff rampage.-Take her for a walk at least an hour in the morining, evening and maybe before it gets too dark outside-Train her to do cute tricks. lol! (mine knows how to bow and a lot of other things)-They take power naps (30 min to an hour) so be prepared to get them tired again/or tey might not bother you at all, they might just follow you everywhere-Even though they are small and cute, OB training is a must. don't let your guard down or they will come in for the kill. lol!!-They adjust to any lifestyle -Love them,feed them,play,training,etc. and they will be the best dogs ever (except the unstable ones *there are some out there*) lol!This is what I learned from my rat terrier. oh, they will give you a good laugh..they are characters with themselves. lol!