Would a bull terrier be a good high energy companion for an AmStaff?

We'll be adopting a 3 month old bull terrier from our local bully rescue. I know a bull terrier will be a great dog for us, but will he'll be a good high energy companion for my AmStaff. When the puppy gets older I would like him to be a playful friend…

We'll be adopting a 3 month old bull terrier from our local bully rescue. I know a bull terrier will be a great dog for us, but will he'll be a good high energy companion for my AmStaff. When the puppy gets older I would like him to be a playful friend…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Would a bull terrier be a good high energy companion for an AmStaff?...

• Would a bull terrier be a good high energy companion for an AmStaff?

Would a bull terrier be a good high energy companion for an AmStaff? Dog Breed Discussions
      We'll be adopting a 3 month old bull terrier from our local bully rescue. I know a bull terrier will be a great dog for us, but will he'll be a good high energy companion for my AmStaff. When the puppy gets older I would like him to be a playful friend for my dog. So will this be a problem, or is it the perfect choice?

Would a bull terrier be a good high energy companion for an AmStaff? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You'll have to wait and see. Energy level? You can't go wrong with another terrier breed. Terriers have energy for miles, so I have no doubt the BT will be able to give your AmStaff a run for his money.As far as being great friends and playmates, it depends on your current dog's temperament, and the temperament of the new addition. Keep in mind, terrier breeds can be prone to animal aggression, so introductions should be made slowly and carefull to guage the dogs' reactions.

• If either dog has a dog aggression problem then no they will not do good together. So it depends on their breeding as to whether or not they will get a long.

• There is a couple important factors, for example the breeding. Was it raised well. Also your amstaff. How does it act around other dogs, especially a strong dog like a bull terrier. One important thing is to show them your the boss so they listen to you. That way the bull terrier will try to behave. I personally love the choice and think if all factors go well, you should get it. Good luck!!!:)