Can dog saliva lead to birth defects?

I know that it's possible to get zoonotic diseases from dog kisses, but my mom won't let my dog kiss me anymore because she says it leads to birth defects in pregnancy. I'm not even pregnant nor do I plan to be anytime soon, so I don't know why she's…

I know that it's possible to get zoonotic diseases from dog kisses, but my mom won't let my dog kiss me anymore because she says it leads to birth defects in pregnancy. I'm not even pregnant nor do I plan to be anytime soon, so I don't know why she's…...
    Off Topic : Can dog saliva lead to birth defects?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can dog saliva lead to birth defects?

Can dog saliva lead to birth defects? Off Topic
      I know that it's possible to get zoonotic diseases from dog kisses, but my mom won't let my dog kiss me anymore because she says it leads to birth defects in pregnancy. I'm not even pregnant nor do I plan to be anytime soon, so I don't know why she's freaking out about it now. I could also understand if a stray dog of cat licks me, but my dog has all her shots and she gets her teeth brushed everyday and a bath once a week. I always wash my hands and we always sanitize everything and take other preventative measures, so I do not see the big deal. I'm not saying that letting your dog kiss you all the time is a good thing either, but I don't believe my mom, and I tried to look this up online with no success.

Can dog saliva lead to birth defects? Off Topic
    • Next time your mum says it, ask her to explain what she means and even to provide some sort of evidence.It sounds like an urban myth to me, either that or just plain old BS!