14 year old basset hound having trouble walking and pooping ?

My basset hound is about 14 years old and for the last few days she has not been walking very well. She is bowed up in her back and having a hard time pooping now. She has not had much of an appetite either. Please help??!!!

My basset hound is about 14 years old and for the last few days she has not been walking very well. She is bowed up in her back and having a hard time pooping now. She has not had much of an appetite either. Please help??!!!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : 14 year old basset hound having trouble walking and pooping ?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 14 year old basset hound having trouble walking and pooping ?

14 year old basset hound having trouble walking and pooping ? Dog Breed Discussions
      My basset hound is about 14 years old and for the last few days she has not been walking very well. She is bowed up in her back and having a hard time pooping now. She has not had much of an appetite either. Please help??!!!

14 year old basset hound having trouble walking and pooping ? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Give the dog a mild laxative. Add canned pumpkin to your dog's regular food. Introduce fiber to the dog's diet. Use a supplement designed to treat canine constipation. Put a small amount, usually around 1/2 tsp., of Metamucil in the dog's food twice a day. Administer an enema. Lack of exercise, especially in older dogs, can bring on canine constipation. Canine constipation can be a sign of a more serious malady. Some "human" foods can lead to constipation for the dog. Seek immediate veterinary attention if the dog is suffering from a decreased appetite, lethargy or is passing some blood.