What are the pros and cons of a having a boy or girl basset hound?

My wife and I are ready to give a basset hound a loving home. We are not sure if we want a boy or girl. Does anyone know the pros and cons of having a boy or girl?

My wife and I are ready to give a basset hound a loving home. We are not sure if we want a boy or girl. Does anyone know the pros and cons of having a boy or girl?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are the pros and cons of a having a boy or girl basset hound?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the pros and cons of a having a boy or girl basset hound?

What are the pros and cons of a having a boy or girl basset hound? Dog Breed Discussions
      My wife and I are ready to give a basset hound a loving home. We are not sure if we want a boy or girl. Does anyone know the pros and cons of having a boy or girl?

What are the pros and cons of a having a boy or girl basset hound? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I can't speak to boy or girl, as much of this is preference. I always seem to get along best with female animals of any species, but I know others that are the opposite.However, be very careful with a basset. This is a breed that needs a lot of love as a pup (more than usual) to not end up what my partner calls "twitterpated". If you give them a lot of love and attention as pups, you can have a GREAT dog. If you don't, you can end up with a dog with a lot of psychological problems. This is true with any breed, but bassets seem to be more suseptible than most.