Can I keep a Corgi or Basset Hound in a building with stairs?

I've read that longer dogs are prone to back problems, so you should avoid letting them jump on top of furniture and the like so they don't injure their spines. Can I keep a Corgi or a Basset Hound in housing that has only stairs and no elevators, or…

I've read that longer dogs are prone to back problems, so you should avoid letting them jump on top of furniture and the like so they don't injure their spines. Can I keep a Corgi or a Basset Hound in housing that has only stairs and no elevators, or…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can I keep a Corgi or Basset Hound in a building with stairs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can I keep a Corgi or Basset Hound in a building with stairs?

Can I keep a Corgi or Basset Hound in a building with stairs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've read that longer dogs are prone to back problems, so you should avoid letting them jump on top of furniture and the like so they don't injure their spines. Can I keep a Corgi or a Basset Hound in housing that has only stairs and no elevators, or would it be irresponsible?

Can I keep a Corgi or Basset Hound in a building with stairs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It would be irresponsible. Especially for a basset hound. They are heavier. Since these dogs have to jump up and down stairs it would cause more strain on their backs than it would on a longer legged dog.