can anybody tell me a lots of unknown or known facts about ebola the virus for example how many people died?

can anybody tell me a lots of unknown or known facts about ebola the virus for example how many people died?

can anybody tell me a lots of unknown or known facts about ebola the virus for example how many people died?...
    Off Topic : can anybody tell me a lots of unknown or known facts about ebola the virus for example how many people died?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• can anybody tell me a lots of unknown or known facts about ebola the virus for example how many people died?

can anybody tell me a lots of unknown or known facts about ebola the virus for example how many people died? Off Topic

can anybody tell me a lots of unknown or known facts about ebola the virus for example how many people died? Off Topic
    • The Ebola Virus usually shows itself everynow and then in Africa. It is extremely contagious. The symptoms are bleeding from the eyes, bleeding from the nose, bleeding from the mouth from any orifice going really. It wipes out villages at a time. It has some relevance to the plague, but not sure what. People normally flee their village in fear when it srikes as they cant tend to the sick or comfort loved ones through fear of them catching it themselves. Extremely deadly!!

• The Ebola virus first emerged in 1976 in simultaneous outbreaks in Sudan and Zaire.[2] Ebola has one of the highest mortality rates of any epidemic virus, but it is not as well known as Smallpox because Ebola outbreaks have been limited mainly to remote areas of the world.It is known to be a zoonotic virus as it is currently devastating the populations of lowland gorillas in Central Africa. Despite considerable effort by the World Health Organization, no animal reservoir capable of sustaining the virus between outbreaks has been identified. However, it has been hypothesized that the most likely candidate is the fruit bat.Ebola hemorrhagic fever is potentially lethal and encompasses a range of symptoms including fever, vomiting, diarrhea, generalized pain or malaise, and sometimes internal and external bleeding. Mortality rates are extremely high, with the human case-fatality rate ranging from 50% - 89%, according to viral subtype.[3] The cause of death is usually due to hypovolemic shock or organ failure.Because Ebola is potentially lethal and since no approved vaccine or treatment is available, Ebola is classified as a biosafety level 4 agent, as well as a Category A bioterrorism agent by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It has the potential to be weaponized for use in biological warfare and was investigated for this particular use by both the Soviet Union and the United States during the Cold War[citation needed]. Its effectiveness as a biological-warfare agent is compromised by its extreme deadliness and its level of contagion: a typical outbreak spreads through a small village or hospital, affects the entire population, and then runs out of potential hosts, burning out before it reaches a larger community.