How do stds form? Please read the question.?

So I know you get them from sexual activity with someone infected and they got it from someone else, and they got it from someone else, but how did the original person get it? Where they born with it? I'm so confused. Thanks.

So I know you get them from sexual activity with someone infected and they got it from someone else, and they got it from someone else, but how did the original person get it? Where they born with it? I'm so confused. Thanks....
    Off Topic : How do stds form? Please read the question.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do stds form? Please read the question.?

How do stds form? Please read the question.? Off Topic
      So I know you get them from sexual activity with someone infected and they got it from someone else, and they got it from someone else, but how did the original person get it? Where they born with it? I'm so confused. Thanks.

How do stds form? Please read the question.? Off Topic
    • Yup, someone got it from someone, who got it from someone, on and on...And Chana is partly right. The HIV virus probably came from a Simian (monkey/ape, someplace in Africa) who had the virus. Virus can jump from one animal to another--though it's rare. Remember the "swine virus" and the "bird flu?" Both of these were zoonotic diseases--the original virus jumped from an animal to man.As far as bacteria goes, syphilis goes back a long time: "they examined 687 skeletons from archaeological sites in the United States and Ecuador ranging in age from 400 to 6,000 years." There is evidence that prior to that syphilis did not exist, but another somewhat similar disease called Yaws did exist and it is hypothesized that syphilis was a mutated form of Yaws.It is likely that going back far enough bacteria either mutated to the dangerous form from more benign (not harmful form) long, long ago.Interestingly the mutation can work in reverse also, and some believe that the deadly HIV virus may mutate to a more benign form over the following decades.