What are the chances of a rabbit surviving a broken leg without surgery?

I knew my rabbit's leg was not right because it was sticking out. I took him to the vet and found out that he had a broken leg. The only thing the doctor offered was leg surgery to fix it (which would cost $700+), or putting the rabbit down. I would…

I knew my rabbit's leg was not right because it was sticking out. I took him to the vet and found out that he had a broken leg. The only thing the doctor offered was leg surgery to fix it (which would cost $700+), or putting the rabbit down. I would…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What are the chances of a rabbit surviving a broken leg without surgery?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the chances of a rabbit surviving a broken leg without surgery?

What are the chances of a rabbit surviving a broken leg without surgery? Other Pet Discussions
      I knew my rabbit's leg was not right because it was sticking out. I took him to the vet and found out that he had a broken leg. The only thing the doctor offered was leg surgery to fix it (which would cost $700+), or putting the rabbit down. I would not have my rabbit put down and definitely could not afford to have the surgery. I need to know if the rabbit could survive without surgery. I'd like to know what kind of pain medicine a rabbit could be given to ease its struggle to be better again.

What are the chances of a rabbit surviving a broken leg without surgery? Other Pet Discussions
    • The first answered mine too. I think he/she is a phony. Anyways I don't know much about bunnies. I just recently got two and one is sick. Anyways, I wouldn't put the rabbit down. It can survive with a broken leg. Maybe in pain. You could maybe ask the vet how much it would cost for pain meds for the rabbit. And yes it can survive. If we get a broken leg they splint it and we don't die. See if they can do that instead of surgery.Best of luck.Don't put him down!

• exuse me Doodle i doo, I'd like to see you show me a license.if you're going to pose as a veterinarian do you know what the consequences are for posing as one? GOING TO JAIL.how can you not afford this? You adopted a rabbit, But you cannot afford the expenses? That's sad, you should have thought . Ask your vet if he can take monthly payments, OR ask for Pet insurance .