What is the best rabbit breed for someone with allergies?

My daughter is interested in a rabbit, but I am allergic to them. Are some breeds better than others? My eyes swell up and I sneeze constantly when I walk in a rabbit barn, let alone touch them.

My daughter is interested in a rabbit, but I am allergic to them. Are some breeds better than others? My eyes swell up and I sneeze constantly when I walk in a rabbit barn, let alone touch them....
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best rabbit breed for someone with allergies?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best rabbit breed for someone with allergies?

What is the best rabbit breed for someone with allergies? Other Pet Discussions
      My daughter is interested in a rabbit, but I am allergic to them. Are some breeds better than others? My eyes swell up and I sneeze constantly when I walk in a rabbit barn, let alone touch them.

What is the best rabbit breed for someone with allergies? Other Pet Discussions
    • One rabbit may not cause you a problem. There are a lot of allergins in a rabbit hutch barn. But get tested for allergies first... you may need to get a frog instead!

• I really wouldnt get one in that case, its really hard to be allergic to animals especially if u love them. You wouldn\t want to have to give it away if your allergies become too bad and break ur daughters heart =( maybe get tested first and or consider another pet. If you still really want one look into a Rex, they have velet smooth fur =)good luck!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_Rex

• As far as I know, there are no hairless rabbits, unless they have a disease. Most people are more allergic to their food, than to them: if you have hayfever, forget the rabbit, or plan on using air cleaners. Rabbits most important source of food is hay, usually a mixture of grass hays, with some alfalfa thrown in. You cannot escape that with buns. They are the furriest, fuzziest creatures I have ever had. Many get sadly dumped on rescues because people don't know that they live to be in their teenage years when well kept, they need to be neutered/spayed at about 3-6 months, for behavior problems, and females have a high incidence of cancer if not altered. Here is a site that can make you an expert, in no time:http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rabrefs.html...unlike asking questions of strangers on the internet: which gets you some who are just stupid, and others that are well meaning, but sadly uninformed. This is one of the oldest rabbit sites on internet, just click and start reading, no need to sign in or anything. good luck.