My Daughters Bassett Hound is pottying in the sun porch all of the sudden?

My daughter has a rescue Bassett Hound that we have had for several years now. He is adorable but he is starting to pee on our back sunporch. This is where we let him hang out when we are busy or not at home. Even though he is let out often he still…

My daughter has a rescue Bassett Hound that we have had for several years now. He is adorable but he is starting to pee on our back sunporch. This is where we let him hang out when we are busy or not at home. Even though he is let out often he still…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My Daughters Bassett Hound is pottying in the sun porch all of the sudden?...

• My Daughters Bassett Hound is pottying in the sun porch all of the sudden?

My Daughters Bassett Hound is pottying in the sun porch all of the sudden? Dog Breed Discussions
      My daughter has a rescue Bassett Hound that we have had for several years now. He is adorable but he is starting to pee on our back sunporch. This is where we let him hang out when we are busy or not at home. Even though he is let out often he still does this. He also has accidents in the house recently. He was doing so great and for a long time and now all of the sudden he has accidents daily. Any suggestions?

My Daughters Bassett Hound is pottying in the sun porch all of the sudden? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Have you had him checked for a UTI or other medical issue?If not, he may need to be retrained.http://www.basset.net/boards/index.php?s=20e02725cf4b9e98d3b5c1aa6a61ef05&act=idx

• First, I would take the dog to the vet to rule out any kind of medical issue. But if everything checks out, then you could just need to retrain him. Basset Hounds are notoriously hard to house train because they are stubborn (not stupid). Also make sure that you get rid of every trace of smell where he has pottied on the sun porch. You will probably need to use an enzyme based cleaner because Basset's have a remarkable sense of smell.