What breed of rabbit is known to be the calmest and friendliest?

I am looking for a rabbit that is calm and likes to be held. Is there a certain breed that has these characteristics?

I am looking for a rabbit that is calm and likes to be held. Is there a certain breed that has these characteristics?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What breed of rabbit is known to be the calmest and friendliest?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What breed of rabbit is known to be the calmest and friendliest?

What breed of rabbit is known to be the calmest and friendliest? Other Pet Discussions
      I am looking for a rabbit that is calm and likes to be held. Is there a certain breed that has these characteristics?

What breed of rabbit is known to be the calmest and friendliest? Other Pet Discussions
    • HiWe have a Rex and a Flop Ear as pets. The Rex is the softest the lop is the most fun to watch run and play. His ears flop and looks like an airplane. The Rex loves to climb up onto things. When we look for her we might find her up on our bed in the bookcase or on top of the buffet.I have an article abouts rabbits on our website that may be of interest to you. http://www.everyday-wisdom.com/rabbits.htmlEnjoy You Buns

• I have also heard that Flemish Giants are quite lovely. I personally am priveleged enough to grace the presence of an English Spot doe and Havana buck. I say that because they are both completely spoiled, rotten, little brats! They require lots of attention, fresh veggies a few times a day, and tons of room to flop. They both enjoy being held as long as you are petting them. They run over to the edge of their pen as soon as they see you heading their way in anticipation of being picked up.If I stop petting them, the Havana will start licking my hands and bumping my chin with his nose if I am not meeting his expectations, the Spot will just take off running and hide under the kitchen counter until I can fish her out with a piece of romaine.They are both very gentle with our young daughter and are both extremely friendly and calm, as long as they are being held and aren't in a mood to play. The are hysterical to watch when they play! They love toys like cardboard tubes, baby plastic keys, etc. We are thrilled with them,so maybe think of one of these breeds.If you are only planning on getting one, they need attention very regularly. They are very social creatures and do not enjoy sitting in a hutch alone all day. Most experts advise that if they are to be kept as pets they be kept indoors(since they are prey animals by nature, they are easily frightened). They do not smell as long as you keep the pen clean, and can be littler trained with relative ease.Good luck!

• well the netherland dwarfs are known to be quite vicious and dont like being handled so i wouldnt recomend them..x well the dutch are known to be a strong and calm breed and i have a dutch rabbit and he likes to be held..x so i would recomend the dutch rabbits..x good luck..x

• The Flemish Giant is probably the calmest and most likely to allow itself to be held. As a general rule, the smaller the bunny, the more nervous, more likely to bite, and less likely to tolerate being held. This is because rabbits are prey animals, and the smaller the bunny, the more predators it has and the more alert it must be to survive. The larger rabbits are not injured as easily so are a little more sedate. Rabbits in general, though, do not like to be held, so be aware that no matter what breed you get, your rabbit may be much happier being pet while he is on the floor.

• rabbits are like humans when it comes to personality, you can get a bad tempered one in any breed but if the rabbit was for small children i would go for a small breed like a neatherland dwarf or polish rabbit because a child could better handle these breedsthe giant breeds i find more docile like the flemish giant but grow to big for a child to hold. the truth be known no rabbit likes been lifted, they do like been peted or groomed

• I think the breed you are looking for is Jersey Wooly. They are a more recently developed breed. About three pounds mature weight and come in lots of colors. They do need some brushing. They are often described as the "kick-less" rabbit since when they are lifted up and down, in the process of being held, they don't squirm and kick with their back legs like the typical rabbit does. I learned this from a breeder, and she was able to demonstrate this to me. They are often recommended as a child's first rabbit for this reason.