What can you tell me about the Plott Hound?

I recenly adopted my dog down south USA, where Plott Hounds are common (though rare in other parts of the USA). She's a Plott Hound mix. She's sweet as a cupcake and just an overall wonderful dog.Since she's a mix she has her own unique traits, but I'm…

I recenly adopted my dog down south USA, where Plott Hounds are common (though rare in other parts of the USA). She's a Plott Hound mix. She's sweet as a cupcake and just an overall wonderful dog.Since she's a mix she has her own unique traits, but I'm…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What can you tell me about the Plott Hound?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What can you tell me about the Plott Hound?

What can you tell me about the Plott Hound? Dog Breed Discussions
      I recenly adopted my dog down south USA, where Plott Hounds are common (though rare in other parts of the USA). She's a Plott Hound mix. She's sweet as a cupcake and just an overall wonderful dog.Since she's a mix she has her own unique traits, but I'm curious about her ancestry. What can you tell me about Plot Hounds?

What can you tell me about the Plott Hound? Dog Breed Discussions
    • A medium-sized, soundly put-together hound that is usually brindle. The coat, which is short, thick, and dense, may also make incidence in slate blue and buckskin; many with black saddles. Height: 20 -24 inches (41 - 61 cm). Weight 45 - 55 pounds ( 20 - 25 kg). A long, high-held tail and long ears characterize the breed. The conformation of the Plott Hound is lean muscled, rather thin boned and lithe. The tail is long and carried erect when alert. The ears are pendant and on the large side. The breed's designated name honors its American founders and progenitors. Seven generations of Jonathan Plott's family, beginning in the 1750s, bred their dogs exclusively within the family. A mix of bloodhounds and curs reportedly comprised the original stock.

• http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/plotthound.htmHopefully some of this will help - there's a lot of information if you search. Being in the UK, I have long admired (and see when in Canada) your various Coonhounds. I'd love one but they do need to be busy much as the mix in her may make her different to the true Plott, depending on which set of genes she favours.

• Description|History|ReferencesThe Plott Hound is a large scent hound, originally bred for hunting boar. The Plott Hound is one of the least known breeds of dog in the United States, even though ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plott_HoundPlott Hound Information, Pictures of Plott Hounds | DogsterA must-read on Plott Hounds: information, pictures, temperment, personality, training tips, breed comparisons, puppies, community, Plott Hound adoption and rescue.www.dogster.com/dog-breeds/Plott_Hound