Why does my beagle obsessively sniff her blankets?

I have an inside beagle. She's a really good dog. Haha, but we put down old blankets for her to lay on, they've been washed and dried in the dryer, and she lays over there and sniffs them like crazy! It drive me insane, cause it sounds like she snorting…

I have an inside beagle. She's a really good dog. Haha, but we put down old blankets for her to lay on, they've been washed and dried in the dryer, and she lays over there and sniffs them like crazy! It drive me insane, cause it sounds like she snorting…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why does my beagle obsessively sniff her blankets?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why does my beagle obsessively sniff her blankets?

Why does my beagle obsessively sniff her blankets? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have an inside beagle. She's a really good dog. Haha, but we put down old blankets for her to lay on, they've been washed and dried in the dryer, and she lays over there and sniffs them like crazy! It drive me insane, cause it sounds like she snorting something. I was just wondering, why does she do this? Is it just beagle nature?

Why does my beagle obsessively sniff her blankets? Dog Breed Discussions
    • These are new smells to her, and she'll probably do that for a while. We put blankets down for my chihuahua and he went crazy for a while, constantly smelling them and scratching at them. She'll get used to it after a while. As she uses them more, they'll begin to pick up her scent and they won't bother her so much. Rub the blankets on her, or put them on your lap and have her lay with you so they'll pick up a more familiar scent.

• The Beagle is a happy, inquisitive, shorthaired hound. Their noses guide them through life, and they're never happier than when following an interesting scent. So, I guess it is just Beagle nature. You should see this, http://dogtime.com/beagle.html