How long do you haft to wait until a female rabbit is ready to mate?

My rabbit is four weeks old and this is the first time i have done this. How long until she is old enough to mate, My male rabbit is 9 months is he old enough?

My rabbit is four weeks old and this is the first time i have done this. How long until she is old enough to mate, My male rabbit is 9 months is he old enough?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How long do you haft to wait until a female rabbit is ready to mate?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How long do you haft to wait until a female rabbit is ready to mate?

How long do you haft to wait until a female rabbit is ready to mate? Other Pet Discussions
      My rabbit is four weeks old and this is the first time i have done this. How long until she is old enough to mate, My male rabbit is 9 months is he old enough?

How long do you haft to wait until a female rabbit is ready to mate? Other Pet Discussions
    • A female rabbit (doe) should be at least five months old. The male rabbit (buck) should be at least six months old. Always bring the doe to the buck's cage. All rabbits of mating age should be kept singly. (One per cage,.) Remove the doe from the buck's cage after mating and return her to her own cage. The female will need a nesting box with a solid bottom. Place the nesting box 25 - 28 days after breeding. Not a day longer. Gestation period is 31 days. The baby rabbits or kits will die from cold or fall through the cage floor if the nesting box isn't provided. Supply bedding material. Shortly before giving birth she will pull the fur from her chest. Never bother the newborn rabbits. Doe's have a difficult time caring for their young, especially during their first birth. She may not care for them, and even possibly kill them. Sneaking a peek is not worth the death of the kits. Don't bother her unless something goes terribly wrong.More rabbit information http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art66498.asp