how do i train my beagle to stay in the yard?

shes a beagle so her nose drags her EVERYWHERE.. and she loves to chase the neighborhood cats. what do i do? i dont have a fenced in yard. i take her on walks but she wants to be outside even more.

how do i train my beagle to stay in the yard?

shes a beagle so her nose drags her EVERYWHERE.. and she loves to chase the neighborhood cats. what do i do? i dont have a fenced in yard. i take her on walks but she wants to be outside even more....
    Dog Breed Discussions : how do i train my beagle to stay in the yard?...

• We have two beagles and no fence yet. We walk them at least three times a day - Once when we wake upOnce when we get home from work (after feeding them) Once before bedIt works for us and they are happy, healthy dogs. They should always be on a leash when outdoors - no question. They are fun, happy, clean indoor dogs. Always in a good mood and very sweet. They love to play and cuddle up with you on the couch. If you plan to keep them as indoor dogs, get into a healthy walk routine and keep them on a steady schedule. They'll get used to it and everything will be fine. You can't expect a hunting hound to be an off-leash dog. They are great indoors though.