Is it okay to leave a beagle in an open yard?

I am planning to get a Beagle for my own, But i cannot afford a fully fenced yard. please help!

I am planning to get a Beagle for my own, But i cannot afford a fully fenced yard. please help!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it okay to leave a beagle in an open yard?...

• Is it okay to leave a beagle in an open yard?

Is it okay to leave a beagle in an open yard? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am planning to get a Beagle for my own, But i cannot afford a fully fenced yard. please help!

Is it okay to leave a beagle in an open yard? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Beagles are scent hounds. They will follow scents with their nose. They will not stay at home without a fenced yard. Some people find beagles difficult to train because the hound always thinks "what is in it for me". Young beagles are energetic requiring lots of exercise. Do not get a beagle without a fenced yard.

• On my dear NO.. Beagles will bolt at the first thing that he smells. He wont stop until he finds it either. Never leave a beagle unattended in an open space without being tied to something.

• No. It's not OK to leave any dog in an open yard. Your dog should be inside the home with you and should never be left outside unattended and should especially never be allowed off-leash, since you do not have a fenced in yard.

• I wouldn't reccomend it at all. Just because beagles follow there noses. But my dog has sepration axiety and has to always has to be right next to me so she's completely okay in open fields. I'd just call her back and she'd be right at my side.