How much will it cose to look after a beagle.?

I am planning to get a beagle. So i am just wondering about the vets and food ETC.I live in Leeds.Any beagle owners who can help me?Thank you.

I am planning to get a beagle. So i am just wondering about the vets and food ETC.I live in Leeds.Any beagle owners who can help me?Thank you....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much will it cose to look after a beagle.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much will it cose to look after a beagle.?

How much will it cose to look after a beagle.? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am planning to get a beagle. So i am just wondering about the vets and food ETC.I live in Leeds.Any beagle owners who can help me?Thank you.

How much will it cose to look after a beagle.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I don't live in the UK, so this probably doesn't help you at all, but I noticed you haven't gotten any responses...so maybe this will give you an idea? Even if it doesn't at least you can comparison shop in your area (this is all in USA dollars).First Time Costs: Leash & Collar ($15), Dog-crate with comfy fleece mat ($100), Dog food bowls ($5), Dog Brush ($10), Nail clippers ($10), toys ($15), Doggie Shampoo ($8), ID tag ($10), Obedience Lessons: $50-$100First Vet Visit for Puppy shots: $150Second Vet Visit for Puppy Shots: $90Heartgard: $40Frontline: $60Spay/Neuter: Ranges from low cost at animal shelter -$300, average being about $225 in my opinionMicro-chip: $32Yearly Costs after the dog is grown:Annual Vet Visit for Rabies Shot: $100Heartgard for the year: $40Frontline for fleas in the summer months if you chose: $60Monthly Costs:High Quality Monthly Food: $25Dog Bones: $10Good luck, and just be aware that beagles are VERY LOUD all the time, and are very difficult to house-train. Most beagles aren't house-trained fully until they are two, so expect a lot of accidents. The best bet is to crate-train, and give treats when they go outside. Also, they are very much pack animals and will howl if they are left alone. Get a good book on beagles and start out right to save yourself a lot of trouble. Have fun!