Is there an overall difference between a female and male border collie other than physical features?

I am looking to get a Border Collie and am just wondering if there is any overall differnence between the genders other than physical...and also..are they able to be trained to be well guard dogs?

Is there an overall difference between a female and male border collie other than physical features?

I am looking to get a Border Collie and am just wondering if there is any overall differnence between the genders other than physical...and also..are they able to be trained to be well guard dogs?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is there an overall difference between a female and male border collie other than physical features?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there an overall difference between a female and male border collie other than physical features?

Is there an overall difference between a female and male border collie other than physical features? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am looking to get a Border Collie and am just wondering if there is any overall differnence between the genders other than physical...and also..are they able to be trained to be well guard dogs?

Is there an overall difference between a female and male border collie other than physical features? Dog Breed Discussions
    • In any breed, males tend to be more dominant and protective.Border Collies are very easily trained - They are VERY smart, but are very energetic and need a lot of excersize. They are working dogs and need a "Job" to do, otherwise, they will actually show signs of depression.

• Not really a good guard dog here. They will alert you when someone comes to your door, more like watch dog, but not really "guard".Added: Due to the herding nature of this breed, they are not usually suggested to be in homes with small children, please keep this in mind.