Will the tick die if the head and body are detached?

My dog had a tick, We pulled it out but im not entirely sure if I got the head too. If the body and head are separated will it die?I just pulled it straight out. I didn't do anything to the tick or the area it was in.

My dog had a tick, We pulled it out but im not entirely sure if I got the head too. If the body and head are separated will it die?I just pulled it straight out. I didn't do anything to the tick or the area it was in....
    General Dog Discussions : Will the tick die if the head and body are detached?...

• Will the tick die if the head and body are detached?

Will the tick die if the head and body are detached? General Dog Discussions
      My dog had a tick, We pulled it out but im not entirely sure if I got the head too. If the body and head are separated will it die?I just pulled it straight out. I didn't do anything to the tick or the area it was in.

Will the tick die if the head and body are detached? General Dog Discussions
    • It will die, but if you forgot/smooshed the head, then there's a chance the needle thing got stuck and that has been known to give many illnesses in humans, such as Lyme disease. I would talk to a veterinarian about this.

• The tick will die but if the head stays in the dog's skin it may become infected. If you're paranoid about the body just put it in some nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol and it'll be dead for sure. Good Luck!