How long does it take for a tick vaccine to work on a dog?

I got my dog vaccinated for ticks last Wednesday because she had ticks. We also got her a tick bath. It seemed to work until today we found more ticks on her. I just want to know when the vaccine should take effect and what it will do.Also, can you tell…

I got my dog vaccinated for ticks last Wednesday because she had ticks. We also got her a tick bath. It seemed to work until today we found more ticks on her. I just want to know when the vaccine should take effect and what it will do.Also, can you tell…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long does it take for a tick vaccine to work on a dog?...

• How long does it take for a tick vaccine to work on a dog?

How long does it take for a tick vaccine to work on a dog? General Dog Discussions
      I got my dog vaccinated for ticks last Wednesday because she had ticks. We also got her a tick bath. It seemed to work until today we found more ticks on her. I just want to know when the vaccine should take effect and what it will do.Also, can you tell the difference between a male and female tick?

How long does it take for a tick vaccine to work on a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • You cannot give a "vaccine" for ticks, I assume that your are referring to a topical flea and tick preventative? If so, look at the packaging or the manufacture's website for exact information on their product. In general, most spot-on types begin to work within 24-48 hours and last for about a month. Ticks may still land on your dog as they run through brush and tall grass, but will be repelled or killed before they bite. A "tick check" is still recommended after hiking in tick-infested areas for both people and pets.