How does neutering affect a dog's aggression?

I've heard different things from different people. Some claim that neutering does not affect a dog's temperament, but others say it does because it lowers the dog's testosterone. Does anyone have any personal experiences with this?

I've heard different things from different people. Some claim that neutering does not affect a dog's temperament, but others say it does because it lowers the dog's testosterone. Does anyone have any personal experiences with this?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How does neutering affect a dog's aggression?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How does neutering affect a dog's aggression?

How does neutering affect a dog's aggression? Dogs Training Discussions
      I've heard different things from different people. Some claim that neutering does not affect a dog's temperament, but others say it does because it lowers the dog's testosterone. Does anyone have any personal experiences with this?

How does neutering affect a dog's aggression? Dogs Training Discussions
    • overall, it does effect their aggression. usually female dogs that arent spayed act a little more cranky/snappy, especially when theyre near their heat time. and for male dogs once theyre neutered there will be no more wanting to run to the girls, lol.

• It does help with their overall attitude & posturing. Many times intact males will instinctively square off with each other-it's primal in nature. Having them neutered before the aggression starts will help, and will also help protect them from testicular cancers that some dogs get.