How to avoid dog-to-dog food aggression?

I have a male American Pit Bull Terrier, he's roughly 10 months now. I'm planning to get a German Shepherd Dog puppy and nearly every GSD (both male and female) I've ever met have been very food aggressive with other animals, not just dogs, but not…

I have a male American Pit Bull Terrier, he's roughly 10 months now. I'm planning to get a German Shepherd Dog puppy and nearly every GSD (both male and female) I've ever met have been very food aggressive with other animals, not just dogs, but not…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How to avoid dog-to-dog food aggression?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to avoid dog-to-dog food aggression?

How to avoid dog-to-dog food aggression? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a male American Pit Bull Terrier, he's roughly 10 months now. I'm planning to get a German Shepherd Dog puppy and nearly every GSD (both male and female) I've ever met have been very food aggressive with other animals, not just dogs, but not humans. My APBT is more than willing to share his food with anyone and everyone, I have zero worries about him.. just the new puppy developing it.

How to avoid dog-to-dog food aggression? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Do you have separate crates for the two dogs? Because then you can just feed them each in their own crate so they don't have to worry about the other dog taking their food. And if your new dog is food aggressive, there are techniques to fix that. Here's an article explaining some of them:http://www.dog-obedience-training-review.com/dog-food-aggression.html

• Take the puppy into a room like the bathroom for example and start with food I his bowl, use an object (not your hand just in case) and move the bowl away when he begins to eat, work with him or her until you can remove the bowl entirely without upset