my dog had a tumor that has been removed 3 times! and today took him to the vet and he gave him?

metoclopramide 5mg, its used to treat primarily humans, but dogs with vomit problems, which he had. but should you give this to a dog that has a tumor knowing that it could cause other problems? im confused with everything!btw he died today, so yea...…

my dog had a tumor that has been removed 3 times! and today took him to the vet and he gave him?

metoclopramide 5mg, its used to treat primarily humans, but dogs with vomit problems, which he had. but should you give this to a dog that has a tumor knowing that it could cause other problems? im confused with everything!btw he died today, so yea...…...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog had a tumor that has been removed 3 times! and today took him to the vet and he gave him?...

• my dog had a tumor that has been removed 3 times! and today took him to the vet and he gave him?

my dog had a tumor that has been removed 3 times! and today took him to the vet and he gave him? General Dog Discussions
      metoclopramide 5mg, its used to treat primarily humans, but dogs with vomit problems, which he had. but should you give this to a dog that has a tumor knowing that it could cause other problems? im confused with everything!btw he died today, so yea... meds?

my dog had a tumor that has been removed 3 times! and today took him to the vet and he gave him? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to stop the vomiting because that could cause dehydration or malnutrition. You need to treat the symptoms so he's comfortable. It's very unlikely that the medication will cause problems with the tumor. Good luck.

• Hi,I'm very sorry to hear about your dog.Metoclopramide is quite commonly given to dogs to control vomiting. With every drug (be it human or animal), there are the potential for adverse effects, so you have to balance the good with the bad. In this case, I'd say that the need to stop the vomiting outweighed any adverse effects (I doubt the death was a result of the meds).If you'd like, I can look it up in my drug book and double check, but I'm pretty sure its not counterindicated in cases of patients with tumors.