If I give a dog away and it bites its new owner, can the new owner sue me?

This dog has displayed some aggression toward small children (nipping, one time biting a hand, but not breaking the skin). If I let the new owner know about this and give full disclosure, can the owner come back and sue me if anything happens once they…

If I give a dog away and it bites its new owner, can the new owner sue me?

This dog has displayed some aggression toward small children (nipping, one time biting a hand, but not breaking the skin). If I let the new owner know about this and give full disclosure, can the owner come back and sue me if anything happens once they…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : If I give a dog away and it bites its new owner, can the new owner sue me?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• why in the world would you let this dog have another chance to harm a child? you know and now the new owner knows this dog is a threat to children, why are you running the risk of the dog to attack another child and possibly cause serious harm to a child? how old is this dog, and what size?

• Local case in Illinois a couple of years ago.A Golden that had bitten a couple of people. Owners placed the dog with new owners and did NOT tell them about this dog's issues.Dog bit the child of the new owners. When the bite was reported the new owners found out the dog's history and sued the previous owners. They won a LARGE settlement.

• Let me guess....it's a min pin....had the same exact problem....hateful little dogs...even showed aggression towards me....had 2 DIFFERENT dogs from 2 DIFFERENT litters...one male, one female....had to give both away and informed new owner of problem...also gave them an out...if they had any problems with them I would take them back with no questions and try to find another home...better than them dropping it off at the pound or something.