What are the symptons of a dog when she is near to be in heat?

My dog is 6 months old and lately is rather nervous and not herself. Time to time she tends to be aggressive and other is very tender. She always licks herself and is generally looking like she's expecting something . What shall I do to reassure her?

My dog is 6 months old and lately is rather nervous and not herself. Time to time she tends to be aggressive and other is very tender. She always licks herself and is generally looking like she's expecting something . What shall I do to reassure her?...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the symptons of a dog when she is near to be in heat?...

• What are the symptons of a dog when she is near to be in heat?

What are the symptons of a dog when she is near to be in heat? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 6 months old and lately is rather nervous and not herself. Time to time she tends to be aggressive and other is very tender. She always licks herself and is generally looking like she's expecting something . What shall I do to reassure her?

What are the symptons of a dog when she is near to be in heat? General Dog Discussions
    • You can't do anything to reassure her, nor it is necessary. Her vulva will swell as she is coming into heat, she will usually drop blood spots for a week or 10 days, and then the swelling will go down and her personality will go back to normal. The whole process takes 3 weeks, so keep her away from any intact male dogs unless you want a pregnancy, and she is far too young for that to be safe.