how do I break my dog from toy aggression towards other dogs?

He is not aggressive towards humans, but if another dog walks by him while he has his ball in his mouth he growls, and if he leaves it on the ground, he runs up and growls and then takes the ball back. He is neutered and does not listen to me well at the…

He is not aggressive towards humans, but if another dog walks by him while he has his ball in his mouth he growls, and if he leaves it on the ground, he runs up and growls and then takes the ball back. He is neutered and does not listen to me well at the…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : how do I break my dog from toy aggression towards other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how do I break my dog from toy aggression towards other dogs?

how do I break my dog from toy aggression towards other dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      He is not aggressive towards humans, but if another dog walks by him while he has his ball in his mouth he growls, and if he leaves it on the ground, he runs up and growls and then takes the ball back. He is neutered and does not listen to me well at the dog park but at home it is a different story.

how do I break my dog from toy aggression towards other dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Is he aggressive towards other dogs when he doesn't have a toy?If so then I'm guessing the problem is that he wasn't properly socialized when young. If he isn't aggressive towards other dogs when he doesn't have a toy then he is being territorial.Is he aggressive towards humans when he has a toy? Try taking the toy away from him when he growls and don't give it back until he stops barking or asking for it and calms down. Give him a treat for calming down and give the toy back to him.