How do i stop dog aggression?

I have a dog and when he gets something hes not suppost to have he goes into a little corner and chews on it and then if you try and take it from him he growls and bites really hard how can i help him hes a chocolate lab mixed with a blood hound

I have a dog and when he gets something hes not suppost to have he goes into a little corner and chews on it and then if you try and take it from him he growls and bites really hard how can i help him hes a chocolate lab mixed with a blood hound ...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do i stop dog aggression?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do i stop dog aggression?

How do i stop dog aggression? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a dog and when he gets something hes not suppost to have he goes into a little corner and chews on it and then if you try and take it from him he growls and bites really hard how can i help him hes a chocolate lab mixed with a blood hound

How do i stop dog aggression? Dogs Training Discussions
    • This can be a serious problem if not taken care of RIGHT now. I would suggest going to a dog trainer. It sounds like there is a problem with domination in the pack. Dogs are pack animals and they are not happy unless they have a dominate male/female pack leader. You need to show your dog that your to head of the house hold. Make sure you take away his toys every once in a while and monitor his play time. Make sure you take them for walks cause a tired dog is a happy dog. Good luck!!

• You really can't I have the scars to prove it. Best way is to put away everything he shouldn't have so he can't get them and use a barrier type to keep him off of things like a scat mat and put child locks on all cabinets.

• It sounds like he's just guarding his "prize". Either find a good dependable positive trainer in your area, or sign up for "It's Me or the Dog" at www.victoriastilwell.com who is taking contestants. She is a professional positive trainer (positive meaning she uses Positive Training techniques). She also has a book out, you may find it at your local library or book store. It may help.Good Luck!