what is the best way to introduce a semi aggressive little dog to a little puppy?

my dog is a sweetie shes a jack russell terrier mix but she suffers from "little man syndrome" and is aggressive towards other dogs. when the dog is unfamiliar she snaps and tries to bite them. my neighbor who watches my dog often just got a puppy and…

what is the best way to introduce a semi aggressive little dog to a little puppy?

my dog is a sweetie shes a jack russell terrier mix but she suffers from "little man syndrome" and is aggressive towards other dogs. when the dog is unfamiliar she snaps and tries to bite them. my neighbor who watches my dog often just got a puppy and…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : what is the best way to introduce a semi aggressive little dog to a little puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what is the best way to introduce a semi aggressive little dog to a little puppy?

what is the best way to introduce a semi aggressive little dog to a little puppy? Dogs Training Discussions
      my dog is a sweetie shes a jack russell terrier mix but she suffers from "little man syndrome" and is aggressive towards other dogs. when the dog is unfamiliar she snaps and tries to bite them. my neighbor who watches my dog often just got a puppy and its a tiny thing and we don't know how to introduce my dog to the puppy for them to both be safe. any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

what is the best way to introduce a semi aggressive little dog to a little puppy? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Both of these will help you out. You need to be very careful and make sure you have a nice relaxed atmophere. Try to find a neutral place to introduce them, your home for example would be a bad idea.If you do it right they are likely to end up best friends. http://www.teachingpuppies.com/how-to-introduce-a-new-puppy-to-your-other-petshttp://www.teachingpuppies.com/how-to-deal-with-dog-to-dog-aggression

• Introduce the puppy to the dog first by bringing them both outside the house so the dog doesn't get protective of her home. Hold the puppy first, and bend down so the dog can sniff her. If the dog's reaction isn't aggressive at first, slowly let the puppy on the ground. Let them smell eachother. At any sign of anger or aggression from the dog, pick the puppy back up. They will get used to eachother! Good luck!!!

• put the semi aggressive dog on a leash and introduce her to the puppy and have them sniff each other. make sure your at a safe distance from the puppy. the key is to introduce the dog in a slow, calm way. this means that there should be no distractions around.

• First and very important. Do Not leave the two dogs alone together. Next, the Jack's semi-aggressive nature should be remedied before trying to introduce a puppy, or a child, etc. If your neighbor wants to dog-watch for you, then please either ask them to keep the puppy in a confined, safe area. Or provide your neighbor with a roomy kennel to keep the pup safe. Please, please don't think that a semi-aggressive dog will suddenly become friendly. It won't. Time and patience and training is the answer to it's issues.