prevent aggression to human and dogs?

im getting my pitbull puppy 2morrow and its 8 weeks old. i like to take it 2 the dog park but wondering how old should the puppy be there? and is the dog park the way to prevent dog aggression and human?

im getting my pitbull puppy 2morrow and its 8 weeks old. i like to take it 2 the dog park but wondering how old should the puppy be there? and is the dog park the way to prevent dog aggression and human?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : prevent aggression to human and dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• prevent aggression to human and dogs?

prevent aggression to human and dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      im getting my pitbull puppy 2morrow and its 8 weeks old. i like to take it 2 the dog park but wondering how old should the puppy be there? and is the dog park the way to prevent dog aggression and human?

prevent aggression to human and dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • take her when shes about 12 weeks old. shes still too young. let her intercat with small friendy dogs first, you need to give her a good first impression of other dogs because if she feels frightened that feeling could stick with her for a while

• hi there!i have a pitbull that is now a year old, but you need to wait to take the puppy to the park, since he needs to get all of their shots first so they won't get sick. the best thing to do is to socialize your dog with different people and dogs (who you know have shots and are friendly), praising them every so often for good behavior.i hope this helps.

• You can take him at what ever age (after all neccessary shots and stuff). The earlier the dog is socialized, the better! And yes it is the way to prevent aggression.Hope that Helps!

• You can't take your dog to the dog park until he has received all of his puppy shots as well as all of his other vaccines. dog parks help with the socialization of the dog however you can do that just by taking him on walks and letting him meet and greet other dogs and people on your walk. You can take the pup with you when you also go visit family and friends to help socialize him as well as enrolling in puppy obedience training classes.

• you should take the puppy to see your neighborhood. let it interact. the only thing that might stop aggression is to train it. Show it what no means. Training will be fustrating sometimes. Plus when you get him you have to teach him housebreaking-it is letting the dog know that it can't use your house as a bathroom, excatly what my dog is doing. Good luck!!

• I do not promote dog parks. People bring their under socialized dogs there, and there are way too many dog fights, pushy dogs. That is not socializing if your puppy is being pushed around by a pushy dog. You take your puppy to a puppy class, where the trainer is there to supervise everyone and the puppies and can redirect. I took my rottie to classes, I am also a trainer, so I made sure that he was never out with pushy dogs,etc. We walked into the neighborhood and did meet and greets with everyone that was out. We did this daily. At PetSmart, we went up to every child and customer. We practiced meeting without jumping. From day one, he was never allowed to jump and to this day he has never done it. I prevented it from the start, so he doesn't know to jump on someone. You have to control the environment and you can't do that at a dog park where your dog is being picked on and he is on the other side of the park. There is no way you could get to him there fast enough.You want to get at least 3 sets of vaccinations, before really getting the puppy out. They don't respond to the vaccines like other breeds do. Rotties are the same way. I didn't take them into classes til after their 3 rd vaccines. Socialize in a controlled way, but the dog park is not the way to go. If a dog was to jump my rottie, and he reacts, guess who will be blamed, my rottie, because of his breed.