Is this true that big dogs guard on triggers and know when to be friendly and when to attack a vivisitor?

I visited a friends house and her small dogs showed more aggression but her big German Shepard was friendlily and calm and I asked her why is that and she said big dogs act on triggers.Is this true?

Is this true that big dogs guard on triggers and know when to be friendly and when to attack a vivisitor?

I visited a friends house and her small dogs showed more aggression but her big German Shepard was friendlily and calm and I asked her why is that and she said big dogs act on triggers.Is this true?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is this true that big dogs guard on triggers and know when to be friendly and when to attack a vivisitor?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is this true that big dogs guard on triggers and know when to be friendly and when to attack a vivisitor?

Is this true that big dogs guard on triggers and know when to be friendly and when to attack a vivisitor? Dogs Training Discussions
      I visited a friends house and her small dogs showed more aggression but her big German Shepard was friendlily and calm and I asked her why is that and she said big dogs act on triggers.Is this true?

Is this true that big dogs guard on triggers and know when to be friendly and when to attack a vivisitor? Dogs Training Discussions
    • No, that's not true. Luckily for your friend, her german shepHERD has a good temperament. Her small dogs either were never correctly trained/socialized/disciplined, or they've got genetically "iffy" temperaments. The same will happen to the GSD if its not socialized and trained.

• Not true. Dogs don't know when to attack or when not to - they rely on triggers from their handlers unless they're physically threatened. And even then the dog has to be bred for that sort of work AND professionally trained for that work.Your friend's German Shepherd** was, somehow, properly trained and socialized. The little dogs not so much. It's very likely the little dogs did not get any amount of training, socialization, or discipline simply because they are little (people tend to let the ankle biters get away with more crap because "oh but i couldn't hurt my wittle babies feewings!") Little dogs acting aggressively tends to be "cute"... big dogs acting aggressively tends to be dangerous and scary.Personally, i wouldn't visit a home where their dogs where so out of control. Barking i can understand. Aggression, absolutely not.

• it is true because dogs know when they or there owners are being threatened.most animals know its not like there stupid . we know and so do animals .especial german Shepperd and dobermans