How do i stop my dog stalking my mums dog?

My mum and her dog just moved in with me and her dog was jelous of mine so they had a few punch ups, one was bad that my dogs ear got torn. Ever since then my dog has been stalking my mums dog like shes asking for a fight, she wont take her eyes off of…

My mum and her dog just moved in with me and her dog was jelous of mine so they had a few punch ups, one was bad that my dogs ear got torn. Ever since then my dog has been stalking my mums dog like shes asking for a fight, she wont take her eyes off of…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do i stop my dog stalking my mums dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do i stop my dog stalking my mums dog?

How do i stop my dog stalking my mums dog? Dogs Training Discussions
      My mum and her dog just moved in with me and her dog was jelous of mine so they had a few punch ups, one was bad that my dogs ear got torn. Ever since then my dog has been stalking my mums dog like shes asking for a fight, she wont take her eyes off of her and i am worried she might become aggressive. They had another fight tonight and now my mums dog needs stitches. What should i do? They are fine alone its when people are around. Help

How do i stop my dog stalking my mums dog? Dogs Training Discussions
    • You need to put up doggie gates and keep them in separate areas of the house. They aren't going to start getting along and the vet bills are going to add up quick. It isn't fair for either of them to be living in fear.

• You need to bring in a professional behaviorist with experience treating dog aggression to evaluate your dogs, figure out the root of the issue and develop a plan of action that will work for your situation The behaviorist's fee will be much cheaper than more vet bills (which is what you will end up with if this continues). Aggression is not something that should be addressed without the help of an experienced professional, handled in an inappropriate way, it can result in making the problem even worse.

• Dog Obedience expert.This is no joke, it's worth bringing them for training. My brother worked for animal control and lost a tip of a finger breaking up the fight between his own and his girlfriends dog.My mother got scarred over a fight between my dog and hers over giving her back the tennis ball. Her dog gave her the ball and mine bit her when he tried to grab it out of her hand at the same time.Take the dogs to the trainer.