Would it help my dogs aggression towards other dogs if he was neutered?

When he sees any other dog he goes mental almost into some kind of kill modeWhen we go for walks he has a muzzle and a control halter hes 1 1/2 and a lab x collie

When he sees any other dog he goes mental almost into some kind of kill modeWhen we go for walks he has a muzzle and a control halter hes 1 1/2 and a lab x collie...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Would it help my dogs aggression towards other dogs if he was neutered?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Would it help my dogs aggression towards other dogs if he was neutered?

Would it help my dogs aggression towards other dogs if he was neutered? Dogs Training Discussions
      When he sees any other dog he goes mental almost into some kind of kill modeWhen we go for walks he has a muzzle and a control halter hes 1 1/2 and a lab x collie

Would it help my dogs aggression towards other dogs if he was neutered? Dogs Training Discussions
    • First you didn't say what kind of dog you have . Some are naturally dog aggressive . Having the dog neutered may curb the aggression but not totally ( cure ) it . Knowing what kind of dog your talking about will get you better answers .

• This is the dog that is thrown outside all day because your sister doesn't like him and that you want to put into doggie daycare? The dog needs a trainer to get to the root of the issue. The whole family needs to learn how to handle and control the dog. I'm guessing this was a small issue that because the dog lacks proper care has been allowed to balloon to where it is today. If the aggression cannot be fixed, then he either needs to be killed humanely or muzzled any time he leaves the house. Doggie daycare is out. You might be able to pay a private dog walker to deal with him.Neutering may or may not help. This dog should have been neutered over a year ago, should have had better training, and shouldn't be dumped outside by your sister. My guess is you have a genetically unstable dog with a poor temperament and that poor upbringing exacerbated this.

• Yes, definately get them neutered. I had 2 male dogs who hated each other & got into bloody fights. Got them neutered & guess what, no more competition. In fact they ended up snuggling together at night. However, SOME dogs can just be overly agressive-we had one of those & she never got over it so she was tightly controlled. She was found on the road so we don't know if she was taught to fight, or what the background was, but she was extremely territorial & never changed though we were able to moderated her behavoir to a manageable state. She loved people & kids, but hated any dog she didn't know & would bite fences, or anything within reach when she was in her rage.

• it would help him calm down. many dogs have a strong aggression when not neutered. if it were my situation, i would get him neutered, it helped my cousins dog. the dog may be in pain for a while, but thats normal.

• Yes you should neuter him. If he smells a female dog then he is going crazy since he want's to mate her, and if it is a male dog then he is going even crazier since he wan'ts to dominate, and or hurt the other male dog.. after he is neutered take him to meet another dog with your muzzle of course on and let him see it. Do not strangle him on a leash when meeting a dog since this can make the dog even angrier. then just watch how he interacts with the other dog. stay calm since thier is no issue when he has his muzzle on and either keep the lead lose or let him off . ( this is in an enclosed area, backyard etc..) also try switching the gender of the dog he meets. my female husky wanted to dominate and hurt other female dogs but she plays nicley and calmly around males. I would suggest letting him meet a very social female dog after he is neutered of course(or it will cause him to get possive or agressive) and see if he is content with her. This way you can seeif your dog has gender pacifac agression

• It may help, but there also many other benefits to getting your dog neutered/spay. What Are the Advantages?Spayed or neutered animals no longer feel the need to roam to look for a mate, they stay home and have less of a chance of being involved in accidents such as being hit by a car, and lower incidence of contracting contagious diseases.Spaying or neutering your pet reduces the risk of certain types of cancer that can be terminal for your pet, not to mention EXPENSIVE to treat.Spaying or neutering your pet can also eliminate undesirable behaviors like spraying, marking and fighting.Dogs and cats spayed before their first heat (six months of age) are virtually assured of not developing mammary cancer, a relatively common disease in unspayed females.Spayed pets cannot develop the uterine infection called ”Pyometra," which occurs commonly among older, unspayed dogs and cats. Pyometra is a life threatening disease.Spayed animals do not go through heat cycles or produce unwanted puppies or kittens. “Heat” refers to the time when female dogs and cats prepare for mating and pregnancy.In Los Angeles it is the law and fines can start at $100. It is also cheaper to to register your pet with the city if he/she is neutered or spayed.Answers to Common QuestionsSpaying or neutering will NOT make your dog or cat fat and lazy unless they are overfed.It is NOT true that a cat or dog should have one litter before being spayed. This only leads to more unwanted puppies and kittens.It is NOT true that a cat or dog should have one heat cycle before being spayed.Altering your pet will NOT change your pet's personality. Cats' personalities do not fully develop until about one year of age, and dogs' between one and two years. If your pet's personality changes after spaying at an early age, it would have changed without surgery. http://www.foundanimals.org/pet-spay-neuter