How do I clean my dogs teeth? Do I use normal toothpaste and a toothbrush?

BUT IF I USE normal TOOTHPASTE wouldn't the dog get an upset stomach or would this lead to health problems later on??Website links also appreciatedTeeth-CleaningAfter many years of eating food, your dog may need his teeth cleaned. Sometimes this involves…

BUT IF I USE normal TOOTHPASTE wouldn't the dog get an upset stomach or would this lead to health problems later on??Website links also appreciatedTeeth-CleaningAfter many years of eating food, your dog may need his teeth cleaned. Sometimes this involves…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I clean my dogs teeth? Do I use normal toothpaste and a toothbrush?...

• How do I clean my dogs teeth? Do I use normal toothpaste and a toothbrush?

How do I clean my dogs teeth? Do I use normal toothpaste and a toothbrush? General Dog Discussions
      BUT IF I USE normal TOOTHPASTE wouldn't the dog get an upset stomach or would this lead to health problems later on??Website links also appreciatedTeeth-CleaningAfter many years of eating food, your dog may need his teeth cleaned. Sometimes this involves anesthetic and can cost as much as $200.00. You can help prevent this procedure by regularly brushing your dog's teeth and feeding them with bones that help clean tartar.

How do I clean my dogs teeth? Do I use normal toothpaste and a toothbrush? General Dog Discussions
    • There are special dog toothpastes. They are different flavors like beef and chicken and stuff. I'm not sure about the toothbrush, but we use normal soft toothbrushes for our dogs.

• You HAVE to use dog toothbrush/toothpaste!!! A dog might swallow human toothpaste and it could KILL the dog!!! The toothbrush and toothpaste are cheap. You can get them at pet stores like Petsmart.

• Give your dog lots of chew toys, that will help with tartar build up. When you brush his teeth, don't use people toothpaste it's toxic to your dog. They have dog toothbrushes and toothpaste.

• There is special dog toothpaste that you'll need.Regular toothpaste can't be used on a dog (makes them sick).http://www.bizrate.com/dogsupplies/dental-care-type--toothpaste/products__att664009--307209-__kw--dog+toothpaste__qcid--5332060.html

• Like everyone else said, no use the toothpaste made for dogs. And you can use a human toothbrush, and they also make little things you can slip over your finger in case your dog doesn't like it so much, you can have more control.

• never use human toothpaste!!!!!!!!!!Got to your local pet store, they sell large brushed for large dogs, small brushes that fit on your finger for smaller dogs and safe toothpaste that is meat flavored, which they love! Good luck!

• hey there no dont brush them with human toothbrush and toothpaste if you look on ebay you'll be able to buy a dog toothbrush and toothpaste for less then 4 pounds and it'll be brand new!my neighbour had the same problem just today but then we told her:)