any kind of bone or water additive to help fight plaque on dogs teeth?

We brush our small dogs teeth every night with dog flavored toothpaste. They are 4 years old. It is so hard to get to the back teeth. Any tricks or advice to help? There are alot of products that claim to fight plaque but do any of them really work?Thank…

We brush our small dogs teeth every night with dog flavored toothpaste. They are 4 years old. It is so hard to get to the back teeth. Any tricks or advice to help? There are alot of products that claim to fight plaque but do any of them really work?Thank…...
    General Dog Discussions : any kind of bone or water additive to help fight plaque on dogs teeth?...

• any kind of bone or water additive to help fight plaque on dogs teeth?

any kind of bone or water additive to help fight plaque on dogs teeth? General Dog Discussions
      We brush our small dogs teeth every night with dog flavored toothpaste. They are 4 years old. It is so hard to get to the back teeth. Any tricks or advice to help? There are alot of products that claim to fight plaque but do any of them really work?Thank you

any kind of bone or water additive to help fight plaque on dogs teeth? General Dog Discussions
    • Do away with all those dental products for dogs.Just buy them raw meaty bones like chicken thighs, lamb necks, ox tails, lamb ribs etc. My dogs get all these and have pearly white teeth that have never been brushed.

• Eliminate tartar, plaque and bad dog breath with Suzie's Tartar Remover, the ultimate pet dental product. Suzie’s pet supply is a leader in pet dental care and the manufacturer of Suzie's Tartar Liquid Remover. Use Suzie’s regularly and your dog and cats teeth will be fresh & clean! It's a pet mouthwash, and more! It actually cleans their teeth! How? Suzie's Tartar Liquid is scientifically formulated to safely remove tartar and plaque, which freshens breath of dogs, cats, and other animals.Simply mix 1 tablespoon of our tasteless, odorless liquid per quart of water and let your pet drink normally. Regular use of dental chews such as Bully Sticks, Tendons, Z-Bones or Nutrident Chews will also aid in removing tartar so no scraping or brushing is needed. In as little as 6 weeks or less, you will see Suzie's Tartar Liquid removing your pets tartar. You’ll see and smell that your dog and cats breath is fresher, and teeth are cleaner and gums are healthier. Use Suzie’s Tartar Liquid daily to keep your pets’ teeth clean and breath fresh.Ingredients: Suzie's is safe for your pets! Ingredients: water, glycerine, sodium benzoate, allantoin, polysorbate 20, sodium salicylate, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium borate, green FD&C yellow No

• I don't brush my dogs' teeth....I have 5 dogs and it would be quite the chore. They get raw ckicken necks (1 per day) to keep their teeth nice and clean. There is a products called "Suzie's Tartar Remover" that you add to their drinking water that changes the PH level in their mouths and when they chew kibble/bones, it helps get rid of the tartar. It only works on dogs that already have decently clean teeth. It doesn't work if you have an old dog who has had the tartar for years. Hope this helps.Also, if you have a butcher where you can get raw bones (preferably chicken....beef if you have no choice) get them. The bones in the pet stores (I know, I work in one) are far too hard and don't do the job!!!

• NO!!! They are all just after your money. The only thing that really works is feeding your dog a normal natural raw meat and meaty bones diet, like they are supposed to get and what they were designed to eat like wolves, dingoes, coyotes etc. Dog food is the pits - only makes the manufactures and middle men (usually vets) heaps of money and our dogs (and cats) suffer ill health and rotten teeth. If you change over to a natural raw meats and meaty bones diet, your dog's teeth will clean themselves up, its breath will start to improve and so will its coat. It will lose that stinking "dog food" smell. Feel free to contact me if you would like lots of info on how to change over and save your dog's health and make it live a longer happier life.

• Your dog needs to have it's teeth cleaned, professionally, at the vet's office. After that's done, the vet will you a gel, OraVet, which helps prevent plaque. OTC products are a waste of money.