My dog fights me when I clean her teeth?

I clean my dogs teeth 3 times a week with doggy toothpaste and toothbrush from petsmart. She HATES it. She always tries to run away and hide. She yanks her head away from me. She clamps her jaw shut. Sometimes she even growls. It's not me or the way i…

I clean my dogs teeth 3 times a week with doggy toothpaste and toothbrush from petsmart. She HATES it. She always tries to run away and hide. She yanks her head away from me. She clamps her jaw shut. Sometimes she even growls. It's not me or the way i…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog fights me when I clean her teeth?...

• My dog fights me when I clean her teeth?

My dog fights me when I clean her teeth? General Dog Discussions
      I clean my dogs teeth 3 times a week with doggy toothpaste and toothbrush from petsmart. She HATES it. She always tries to run away and hide. She yanks her head away from me. She clamps her jaw shut. Sometimes she even growls. It's not me or the way i clean them because I have another dog who's 60 pounds and she doesn't mind getting a teeth cleaning. Im also very gental. My smallest dog just hates it and its so aggravating! I don't want to take her to the vet because they are just to expensive. Help? It takes me forever to clean them because she won't be still. Is there an easier approach to clean her teeth? She doesn't chew bones so that's not an option.Yes im sure. I think I would know if my dog chews bones or not. Ive tried making her chew one and she just stares at it.

My dog fights me when I clean her teeth? General Dog Discussions
    • Your dog won't chew raw bones? Are you sure? I've never heard of a dog that won't chew a beef bone.If you brush teeth, it needs to be done every day or it doesn't do much good. Brushing only provides limited cleaning anyway and dogs end up needing either a dental or their teeth scaled by the vet. There's also an expensive spray called Leba III. It's a lot of money, but does work.

• Dental wipesDental GelSprayFinger Toothbrush (You can maneuver your way more easily)Better tasting toothbrush (Sometimes taste is really what counts! Maybe she just hates the taste)Have you tried dentasix, or greennies or other types of dental chews? There are versions for smaller types, my small dogs only chew the size that is perfect for them.