Any advise on how to handle a large dog that is playfully injuring you?

Specifically we have a dog that had aggression problems which by in large has been behaviorally corrected in a humane and professional way. My concern is that we have 4 adults in the family and may be confusing her or making some kind of error. She seems…

Specifically we have a dog that had aggression problems which by in large has been behaviorally corrected in a humane and professional way. My concern is that we have 4 adults in the family and may be confusing her or making some kind of error. She seems…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Any advise on how to handle a large dog that is playfully injuring you?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any advise on how to handle a large dog that is playfully injuring you?

Any advise on how to handle a large dog that is playfully injuring you? Dogs Training Discussions
      Specifically we have a dog that had aggression problems which by in large has been behaviorally corrected in a humane and professional way. My concern is that we have 4 adults in the family and may be confusing her or making some kind of error. She seems to less inhibited to jump at me or push me, and at 145 lbs of pure muscle it is problem; but she is not trying to cause me any harm, just rough play. If I was a dog her size, this would probably not be any issue, but she does hurt me, without intent. Am I some weak link in the "pack"? Any Suggestions? She is spayed if that matters any.Humane being we did not injure or treat the dog with cruelty while we work on her behavior issues.Profession being that we have professionals training us what to do. She is not perfect, we have a way to go, but has come a very long way, this question would have read should we put down a dog that bit part of my face off - a year ago. So please understand we are not ignorant, we are trying to rescue and help a dog that has issues.

Any advise on how to handle a large dog that is playfully injuring you? Dogs Training Discussions
    • A dog that has been "behaviourally corrected in a humane and professional way", whatever that's supposed to mean, would have been taught the basics. One of them is teaching the dog not to jump on people. Since your dog isn't trained, sign up for obedience classes where you'll have an instructor to teach you how to train your dog. And you'd likely need to have a prong collar properly fitted and you'd need to learn how to use it since you clearly can't control this dog.And no, her being spayed doesn't matter in any way.