My maltese dog has a big red dot on the back of her leg?

I'm a little worried. She used to have fleas but so far I don't see any. It's probably her second dot. Once it was at the back of her neck and now this. She keeps licking it, I'm more scared knowing that it's painful than itchy cause she doesn't let me…

I'm a little worried. She used to have fleas but so far I don't see any. It's probably her second dot. Once it was at the back of her neck and now this. She keeps licking it, I'm more scared knowing that it's painful than itchy cause she doesn't let me…...
    General Dog Discussions : My maltese dog has a big red dot on the back of her leg?...

• My maltese dog has a big red dot on the back of her leg?

My maltese dog has a big red dot on the back of her leg? General Dog Discussions
      I'm a little worried. She used to have fleas but so far I don't see any. It's probably her second dot. Once it was at the back of her neck and now this. She keeps licking it, I'm more scared knowing that it's painful than itchy cause she doesn't let me touch it. Any body have any idea what i'm dealing with? Oh and taking her to the vet needs more convincing to do than a red dot cause my dad doesn't like her very much. No worries, she's safe and happy.

My maltese dog has a big red dot on the back of her leg? General Dog Discussions
    • It's a hot spot, they get them specially when they are infected with fleas or have dry skin.You'll need to treat it with a hot spot treatment, which can be bought at your local pet supply store, and give her a bath.you can also tell if she still has fleas by lifting her back leg and looking for what looks like dirt, that is 'flea dirt' or poop. You may also find fleas around the collar, and under the 'arm pit' areas.