How to stop dog dogs aggression?

I just got a rescued dog. He attacks my cats and he jumps and barks at my guinea pig cage which is up on a high table which he could not reach them from. I also noticed that when he eat he nips my other dog when he wants some food too. How can i ,make…

I just got a rescued dog. He attacks my cats and he jumps and barks at my guinea pig cage which is up on a high table which he could not reach them from. I also noticed that when he eat he nips my other dog when he wants some food too. How can i ,make…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How to stop dog dogs aggression?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to stop dog dogs aggression?

How to stop dog dogs aggression? Dogs Training Discussions
      I just got a rescued dog. He attacks my cats and he jumps and barks at my guinea pig cage which is up on a high table which he could not reach them from. I also noticed that when he eat he nips my other dog when he wants some food too. How can i ,make this stop?He is a 3 yrs old dachshund

How to stop dog dogs aggression? Dogs Training Discussions
    • You don't say what breed the dog is but if it is a terrier then the behavior is normal. Terriers were bred to kill vermin and to the dog your cat and guinea pig are vermin. As for nipping the other dogs over food this is common with rescue dogs that might have had to fight for their food. I suggest that you feed the dog in a separate area from the other dog so they can both eat in peace. It is possible your other dog will get tired of the nipping and you will end-up with a dog fight and I'm sure you don't want that.ADD: Dachshunds where bred to go to ground after badger and other vermin and kill them. This is a natural instinct for the breed and since the dog is 3yrs. old it will be very difficult to break. You could find a trainer that may be able to help you work with this behavior but in the mean time I would still keep the dogs separated at meal time.

• thats not aggression if ur dog is a puppy it just needs trainning but if its grown it has jellousy issues its normal depending on the last owner maybe he or she put the dog first was not use to sharring attention with other animals dogs do things for attention so even if it good or bad it still gets ur attention an also depending on ur dogs gender males get dominant over there properties everythings theirs so they show aggrisive signs but females are loving and portective so females are more attention wanters they try to please you and also ur dogs breed so talk to a pet trainer an see wat they advise to u