Why is my maltese x shitzu puppy continually trying to bite his bum and tail?

I have only had him for just over a week, he is about 2 months old. I have never owned a dog before and was just wondering, should i be worried..??Any help would be great. I have booked him into a vet but couldn't get in for a week. Thanks

I have only had him for just over a week, he is about 2 months old. I have never owned a dog before and was just wondering, should i be worried..??Any help would be great. I have booked him into a vet but couldn't get in for a week. Thanks...
    General Dog Discussions : Why is my maltese x shitzu puppy continually trying to bite his bum and tail?...

• Why is my maltese x shitzu puppy continually trying to bite his bum and tail?

Why is my maltese x shitzu puppy continually trying to bite his bum and tail? General Dog Discussions
      I have only had him for just over a week, he is about 2 months old. I have never owned a dog before and was just wondering, should i be worried..??Any help would be great. I have booked him into a vet but couldn't get in for a week. Thanks

Why is my maltese x shitzu puppy continually trying to bite his bum and tail? General Dog Discussions
    • Check his waste next time, it sounds as if he has a type of intestinal worm. Also check for licking and scratching of his .. bottom.Many animals can get poop caught in their fur around their bottom which may cause irritation but I highly doubt it. Another thing which may be causing it might be ticks or fleas.My first bet is worms.Get your doctor to worm him or do it yourself. With a new dog in your house it's a good idea to make sure he won't pass on germs to you. BUT- Then again, if you and your vet find nothing, don't worry, he's a little guy. he might be just chasing his tail for all we know..