What extra vitamins or foods can you put into you long coated breed so that it grow very fast and very long?

Hi Thanks for helping me with my question. well I need you help... I have an Afghan Hound and want his hair to grow longer and faster the natural way.... What can I add to his food to make his coat grow longer and faster??? He is a Show dog and has…

What extra vitamins or foods can you put into you long coated breed so that it grow very fast and very long?

Hi Thanks for helping me with my question. well I need you help... I have an Afghan Hound and want his hair to grow longer and faster the natural way.... What can I add to his food to make his coat grow longer and faster??? He is a Show dog and has…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What extra vitamins or foods can you put into you long coated breed so that it grow very fast and very long?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What extra vitamins or foods can you put into you long coated breed so that it grow very fast and very long?

What extra vitamins or foods can you put into you long coated breed so that it grow very fast and very long? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hi Thanks for helping me with my question. well I need you help... I have an Afghan Hound and want his hair to grow longer and faster the natural way.... What can I add to his food to make his coat grow longer and faster??? He is a Show dog and has International bloodlines, he is a fantastic show dog but he's coat is taking abit to long to grow! Thanks for you help your awsume!

What extra vitamins or foods can you put into you long coated breed so that it grow very fast and very long? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I also showed Afghan Hounds for about 30 years! I found that keeping the coat very clean (grooming thoroughly at least once every two weeks), using some oil on the coat to keep it from drying out and breaking, and adding some oil to the food (a tablespoon of vegetable oil) will help. However, the coat length, thickness, and texture is very much determined by the genetics so if the dog has a light coat, it will be very hard to make it thicker and longer. You can groom to add thickness. I have used shampoos that add texture, and also used a bit of mousse to add body when I blow dry. Adding length is harder. You can wrap the coat to protect it from breaking, and keep the dog from getting into anything that will break the coat (burrs, abrasive gravel, concrete, etc. )

• LOL what a joke! "International bloodlines"Extra vitamins won't be necessary if he's on a good diet. Check out http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ for more information on finding a good, healthy kibble for you dog. *Of course, nothing beats B.A.R.F!You can also try adding a bit of Cod-Liver Oil into this food. How old is he? Dogs usually go into the show ring at 6 months. Judges DO understand that it takes a while for an Afghan to grow into their 'mature' coat. Of course it's going to be short, he is or should be still a puppy!Have you ever even been to an Afgan show?