When can I feed my puppies dog food and give them water?

They were born march13,2013 and my dogs boobs are not that swollen so I wanted to know does that mean they are ready to eat puppy food?

They were born march13,2013 and my dogs boobs are not that swollen so I wanted to know does that mean they are ready to eat puppy food?...
    General Dog Discussions : When can I feed my puppies dog food and give them water?...

• When can I feed my puppies dog food and give them water?

When can I feed my puppies dog food and give them water? General Dog Discussions
      They were born march13,2013 and my dogs boobs are not that swollen so I wanted to know does that mean they are ready to eat puppy food?

When can I feed my puppies dog food and give them water? General Dog Discussions
    • In the fourth week they can explore a shallow water dish. That's also when solid food can be introduced. Here's a weaning schedule.Weaning PuppiesFrom birth to age four weeks the whelps should be getting all their nutrition from mother. From age four weeks to age eight weeks, the puppies are slowly transitioned onto solid food with a mixture of solid food and warm puppy formula. Puppies are fed four times per day from age four weeks until age ten to twelve weeks. The “flying saucers” help keep the puppies from walking in their dinner, but any flat, low-sided pan may be used, such as a baking tray. Keep mom away from the food until the puppies are playing more than eating and then let her in to clean the dish and the pups. If feeding a raw diet, the food will need to be ground for them before being mixed with puppy formula. The fineness of the grind can be reduced each week as their jaws gain strength. They will need thicker bones chopped for them up to age four months. If feeding a commercial diet, then either soak the kibble or use a food processor to mix the kibble and puppy formula.Week Four - a thick slurry, also known as “puppy smoothies”Week Five - like cooked oatmeal, with little soft lumpsWeek Six - has chunks in the “oatmeal”, dinner takes a few minutes longer because it now needs to be chewed instead of slurped Week Seven - mostly solid pieces, just slightly softened, can sprinkle powdered formula over solid food and add warm water before serving Week Eight - solid food with warm water added just before serving, the formula can be deleted