What is the most "stubborn" breed of dog?

I've got a beagle who never listens. She knows commands and so on but it's just her personality to do things on her own terms.I've heard beagles tend to be that way. I've also heard pekingese, afghan hounds, and huskies can be very stubborn and…

I've got a beagle who never listens. She knows commands and so on but it's just her personality to do things on her own terms.I've heard beagles tend to be that way. I've also heard pekingese, afghan hounds, and huskies can be very stubborn and…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the most "stubborn" breed of dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the most "stubborn" breed of dog?

What is the most "stubborn" breed of dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've got a beagle who never listens. She knows commands and so on but it's just her personality to do things on her own terms.I've heard beagles tend to be that way. I've also heard pekingese, afghan hounds, and huskies can be very stubborn and independant too.I was just wondering what your oppinions are, from stories and so on?

What is the most "stubborn" breed of dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • DACHSHUND! I know three of them all who are several years old and STILL have housebreaking issues (owned by three different owners!! Not the same dogs or owners here) they also can be aggressive and have a mind of their own, they choose when to listen and prefer crapping indoors.

• You're right. The Afghan is... and that's why people tend to think they are the dumbest breed of dog... But they're not. They just have a high value on their sense of self.

• Well, there are stubborn dogs in every breed ... but over all, I'd have to say Bulldogs are some of the most stubborn. They really do like doing their own thing. Anyone that has a bulldog that actually follows commands - has training skills far beyond most lol.

• Of all the dogs I have owned, my Beagle Clancy had to be the most stubborn. He was a sweet little guy but had a real mind of his own. He was also the only dog I have ever owned that could open a refrigerator. That resulted in finding creative ways to 'lock' my refrigerator. They made baby locks for most everything but refrigerators at the time. Duct tape became my friend.

• Old English Bulldogs are probably the most stubborn breed of dog around. If they don't want to do something there isn't much you can do about it.Beagles tend to tune out the human, especially since they are driven by thier nose, not their ears. They will smell first, see second and hear last.

• I agree with you about beagles. We had one and the experience was a nightmare! He ended up not working out for our family and we donated him as a sniffer dog for the Federal Government. We called a month or two later to see how he was doing and they said he didn't work out because of his stubbornness, although he was one of the best sniffers they had ever seen come in. They adopted him out to a nice (and patient) family.I also had a part Irish Setter when I was a kid and she was very stubborn and extremely hard to train. However, she didn't have any major behavioral issues, so her stubbornness didn't prove to be too much of a problem for us.

• I'm gonna say Boxer's are the most stubborn breed......My Boxer is very smart and follows direction and commands very well...but if he doesn't feel like it he just sits and stare at you, part of it might just be his face and the "stubborn old man look".