Can A Parvo Shot Work If The Dog Is Alredy ILL?

I have a 10 year old Afghan Hound that in inherited when her Breeder died. I don't think she believed in Parvo shots or the Such? My Dog seems to be acting odd. She is still eating & drinking but very listless? I have a 7 in 1 vaccine at my disposal,…

I have a 10 year old Afghan Hound that in inherited when her Breeder died. I don't think she believed in Parvo shots or the Such? My Dog seems to be acting odd. She is still eating & drinking but very listless? I have a 7 in 1 vaccine at my disposal,…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can A Parvo Shot Work If The Dog Is Alredy ILL?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can A Parvo Shot Work If The Dog Is Alredy ILL?

Can A Parvo Shot Work If The Dog Is Alredy ILL? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 10 year old Afghan Hound that in inherited when her Breeder died. I don't think she believed in Parvo shots or the Such? My Dog seems to be acting odd. She is still eating & drinking but very listless? I have a 7 in 1 vaccine at my disposal, should I give it to her just in case? Please Help Me, As I Love Her so Very Much!!! I know she is getting old but I just could'nt stand it if I lost her. I hope someone will hear My Plea? Thank You All.......Squeak

Can A Parvo Shot Work If The Dog Is Alredy ILL? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No, if the dog is already sick a vaccine will not work. Basically a vaccine is the dead version of the virus and is only used for prevention.Take your pup to a vet and see what is wrong with her.

• You don't vaccinate a sick dog. If she is acting like she is sick, you will just make things worse. A parvo shot won't stop a dog from getting sicker, and it won't make a dog better if it has already picked up parvo. You should go to the vet if you are worried about the dog.

• The shot is really a preventative measure, like the flu shot for humans. Parvo doesn't usually strike adult dogs, and she may not really have parvo but something else.You really should take her to the vet to determine what is wrong with her.