I think my dog became a vegitarian? Is that possible after a major surgery?

My dog had a tumor on his spleen and so he had his spleen removed. Now every time I put any type of meat infront of him he gags and walks away.Is it possible for a dog to become a vegitarian??

My dog had a tumor on his spleen and so he had his spleen removed. Now every time I put any type of meat infront of him he gags and walks away.Is it possible for a dog to become a vegitarian??...
    General Dog Discussions : I think my dog became a vegitarian? Is that possible after a major surgery?...

• I think my dog became a vegitarian? Is that possible after a major surgery?

I think my dog became a vegitarian? Is that possible after a major surgery? General Dog Discussions
      My dog had a tumor on his spleen and so he had his spleen removed. Now every time I put any type of meat infront of him he gags and walks away.Is it possible for a dog to become a vegitarian??

I think my dog became a vegitarian? Is that possible after a major surgery? General Dog Discussions
    • People have successfully put their dogs on a vegetarian diet (successfully meaning the dog willingly eats it), but dogs by nature are not vegetarians. A dog isn't going to become a vegetarian. They can be forced onto the diet (which I would think is very unhealthy for them as they need primarily meat in their diets), but they're not going to choose that type of lifestyle. What type of meat are you trying to feed him? It's possible that he is feeling nauseated at the smell and so he refuses it. Is he eating his kibble?