Want a dog that is medium sized with settled dispostion. I live in the country so there is lots of land _ help?

Would like the pet to be a male and possibly a female shortly thereafter. Prefer not to do the beauty shop thing. I have bred Afghan hounds all my life and have had three champions ... not into any more show rings. Want a good protector but one that…

Want a dog that is medium sized with settled dispostion. I live in the country so there is lots of land _ help?

Would like the pet to be a male and possibly a female shortly thereafter. Prefer not to do the beauty shop thing. I have bred Afghan hounds all my life and have had three champions ... not into any more show rings. Want a good protector but one that…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Want a dog that is medium sized with settled dispostion. I live in the country so there is lots of land _ help?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Want a dog that is medium sized with settled dispostion. I live in the country so there is lots of land _ help?

Want a dog that is medium sized with settled dispostion. I live in the country so there is lots of land _ help? Dog Breed Discussions
      Would like the pet to be a male and possibly a female shortly thereafter. Prefer not to do the beauty shop thing. I have bred Afghan hounds all my life and have had three champions ... not into any more show rings. Want a good protector but one that loves to chase the ball and be natural with sheep and my three year old afghan male.

Want a dog that is medium sized with settled dispostion. I live in the country so there is lots of land _ help? Dog Breed Discussions
    • For herding abilities:Shetland SheepdogCanaan Dog (very good for guarding too, look here for more info: http://www.akc.org/breeds/canaan_dog/ or of course the Canaan Dog breed club website)Pembroke Welsh CorgiBorder Collie (if you're really going to be doing sheepherding)Entlebucher Mountain DogPyrenean ShepherdFor just a medium sized active dog who might be good as a protector:BrittanyEnglish Springer SpanielNova Scotia Duck Tolling RetrieverStaffordshire Bull Terrier (these guys are really sweet)

• Australian Shepards love sheep and they are good protectors also Border Collies are good with sheep too. I have a Australian Shepard and have sheep. She loves to be around the sheep and she is good with keeping the ram away from you while you are in the pen with the sheep. she not only protects you but the farm as a whole. she enjoys to chase balls as well.