Do veterinarians care about pets or just keep you coming for your money?

It seems as if everytime I bring in my dog, there is another thing wrong with her. Is it just me or are vets trying to run people dry? This time my dog has a fractured tooth and it will cost $356 to have them pull it. My other dog had a tumor and we had…

It seems as if everytime I bring in my dog, there is another thing wrong with her. Is it just me or are vets trying to run people dry? This time my dog has a fractured tooth and it will cost $356 to have them pull it. My other dog had a tumor and we had…...
    General Dog Discussions : Do veterinarians care about pets or just keep you coming for your money?...

• Do veterinarians care about pets or just keep you coming for your money?

Do veterinarians care about pets or just keep you coming for your money? General Dog Discussions
      It seems as if everytime I bring in my dog, there is another thing wrong with her. Is it just me or are vets trying to run people dry? This time my dog has a fractured tooth and it will cost $356 to have them pull it. My other dog had a tumor and we had them remove it for $800 and about 3 months later she passed. I love my dog but Money doesn't grow on trees. Thanks for letting me rant a bit and I appreciate any opinions.

Do veterinarians care about pets or just keep you coming for your money? General Dog Discussions
    • I work at an animal hospital and the vets there are very compassionate! They do everything they can for animals! I don't wanna be rude but maybe you are not taking care of them like you should so they become unhealthy or maybe you just have bad luck with animals. If you think your vet is just trying to get money out of you, you can always get a second opinion from another vet.

• i am a vet and i kinda take offense to this. no, we do not "take your money" we have a lot to pay for, (franchises, equipment, medicine, boarding, machines, testing.) its a very expensive thing to own, and plus we dont set our prices, the franchises do, yes, we do have LITTLE control, but we cant choose our prices. its just like a doctor, or a mechanic, we find things wrong and try to prevent them before they get bad. we just need the money like a doctor, i mean, ambulance rides are expensive, but think what they do for you.