Does my dog have a lipoma or is it something more serious?

A year ago, basically overnight, we noticed our 8 year old basset hound had a large (tennis ball sized) mass near his groin. We took him to the vet, who aspirated it and said she thought it was benign, but if it caused him problems it could be removed.…

A year ago, basically overnight, we noticed our 8 year old basset hound had a large (tennis ball sized) mass near his groin. We took him to the vet, who aspirated it and said she thought it was benign, but if it caused him problems it could be removed.…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does my dog have a lipoma or is it something more serious?...

• Does my dog have a lipoma or is it something more serious?

Does my dog have a lipoma or is it something more serious? General Dog Discussions
      A year ago, basically overnight, we noticed our 8 year old basset hound had a large (tennis ball sized) mass near his groin. We took him to the vet, who aspirated it and said she thought it was benign, but if it caused him problems it could be removed. Well, fast forward one year, our other dog (the tumor dogs sister) has died from lymphoma. It was awful and I never want to see another dog go through that. Our dog with the "benign" tumor seems quite healthy and happy, but his groin tumor has grown some, and I've noticed a few other small lumps on his 9 year old body. We've scheduled a vet appointment for him this week, but since we just lost his sister I'm worried he might get cancer too. He's 9 years old, such a good dog. We'd like to have him around for a while. Do you think all of his bumps and lumps should be biopsied? Do you think his groin tumor sounds like a lipoma or something cancerous? It feels almost fluid filled. Soft. Doesn't bother him to touch it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Does my dog have a lipoma or is it something more serious? General Dog Discussions
    • It's impossible for anyone here to say. It's been a year since the basset has been to the vet so its time for a re-check.If your other dog suffered so much its because you guys were too selfish to let it go. You learned a lesson, When a dog starts to suffer you got to let go.Check this: http://www.wolfweb.com.au/acd/ifitshouldbe.htm