What would you do if you saw someone giving their dog pain med for humans & dog changes mood?

I'm afraid for a dog that I know is being given Tramadol HCL for pain, when it is for humans. It's too much to give one dog. The girl may be getting dog sick or worse, addicted to the pill. They are like kids, and I do not want to upset the girl or dog,…

What would you do if you saw someone giving their dog pain med for humans & dog changes mood?

I'm afraid for a dog that I know is being given Tramadol HCL for pain, when it is for humans. It's too much to give one dog. The girl may be getting dog sick or worse, addicted to the pill. They are like kids, and I do not want to upset the girl or dog,…...
    General Dog Discussions : What would you do if you saw someone giving their dog pain med for humans & dog changes mood?...

• What would you do if you saw someone giving their dog pain med for humans & dog changes mood?

What would you do if you saw someone giving their dog pain med for humans & dog changes mood? General Dog Discussions
      I'm afraid for a dog that I know is being given Tramadol HCL for pain, when it is for humans. It's too much to give one dog. The girl may be getting dog sick or worse, addicted to the pill. They are like kids, and I do not want to upset the girl or dog, but the dog has a different personality since she started getting the med from her owner. What would you do? I'm so scared for the dog.and feel helpless!

What would you do if you saw someone giving their dog pain med for humans & dog changes mood? General Dog Discussions
    • lmao tramadol is a ridiculously common drug in the veterinary field. there IS a "dog" dosage for it, because they metabolize differently than us, but it is SAFE and often necessary, which is why it was prescribed in the first place.Don't make assumptions on veterinary drugs, if you don't have the background to know otherwise.

• Tramadol for dogs is fine and often vet prescribed. Mind you it -should- be prescribed and monitored by a vet.http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=12185The dosage I can't help with. Do a google search, find the recommended dosage by weight and tell your friend the truth, that you were concerned about her dog, so you found something to help. Don't accuse, assist.